Yes! The retreat was AWE-some… ah, don’t you love how cheesy I am? Each retreat is a time to be in awe, from my experience. My sister was able to come on the last retreat in February to celebrate her birthday, which was an extra treat for me. After I dropped her off at the bus to the airport in Salida early Sunday morning, I listened to the new episode of On Being with Krista Tippett, with Dacher Keltner, The Thrilling New Science of Awe. My science teacher mind was so excited to hear the “scientific proof” of the power and importance of awe and how to find awe- being in awe of other people, nature, being in community, dancing, celebrating together….
On this retreat I was in awe of:
- being in circle and seeing connections and synchronicities revealed
- the beauty of creating a sacred space for being in community for 3 days
- the power of ceremony and ritual
- the strength, wisdom, and power of the other women in the circle
- the healing that happens with space and listening
- the ease and flow of sharing teaching space with my friend Tonja
- the laughter, the tears, the dancing, the yoga and movement practices
- deep meditation and the power of the practice of Reiki
- the deep sleep that came after soaking in the hot springs (even under a Leo full moon)
- the connection of eating nourishing food and sharing meals together
- the opening, the aha moments, and the willingness to transform
- crafting together, learning together, BEing together under a full moon
- building a fire together
- the collective effervescence, the inspiration from each other, and being connected to mother nature
The next retreat in May 2023 is full, if you are in the healing arts and hold space for others, and a retreat with others in this field calls to you, please let me know by March 1st, there may be space for you.
The next retreat will be to celebrate Samhain, November 2-5, 2023, deadline to register will be August 1, 2023.